Australia is in the middle of a major energy transformation – we are leading the world in the per capita installation rate for solar and wind energy. New technologies for energy generation and energy storage continue to revolutionise the electricity sector.
We've tailored this course for professionals across government and industry who are interested in the energy transition and who seek a comprehensive overview of the latest trends in energy technology, economics and policy.
Participants from a range of backgrounds will benefit from the diversity of disciplines covered: this is an essential feature of the course, as the energy transformation will impact all sectors of our economy and society.
- "Quality of presenters was excellent. The content was very relevant and clearly presented. Participants were also given the opportunity to ask questions and engage with each other and the presenters.”
- "Exactly the right amount of detail in the course - focus always on bigger picture while providing interesting details of policy instruments and state of technology etc"
- "The course provided coverage of energy issues from different perspectives (engineering, policy, economics)"
- "Excellent course! Would highly recommend to others."
- "The course had an optimistic, yet realistic, tone throughout."
- "This was a good high-level overview course for professionals."
30 October to 6 November 2020
Delivery mode: 6 online sessions via Zoom.
Fri 30 Oct - 10-11am - Introduction
Mon 2 Nov 10-11:30am – The Economics of Low Carbon Energy
Tues 3 Nov 10-11:30am – Variable Renewable Energy Sources and Electrification
Wed 4 Nov 10-11:30am – Hydrogen as Energy Vector
Thur 5 Nov 10-11:30am – Energy Futures and Energy Security
Fri 6 Nov 10-11am - Panel discussion
Cost (incl. GST) per person:
Until 9 October $1,305
From 10 October $1,450
Group of 3 or more participants from one organisation registered at the same time in a single transaction
Until 9 October $1,175 per person
From 10 October $1,305 per person