The Energy Change Institute Open Day showcases the latest energy research from ANU and our collaborators and provides a platform for exchanging ideas for ANU researchers, industry, government agencies and other energy stakeholders.
Presentations from the event are availalbe below.
This year's Open Day will feature:
- State of the Institute presentation by ECI Executive
- Keynote Presentations by Drew Clarke AO PSM – Board Chairman, Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) and Darren Miller - CEO, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
- Updates on ECI External Engagement including Zero-carbon energy for the Asia-Pacific and the Evoenergy Hydrogen Test Facility and ActewAGL Hydrogen Vehicle Refuelling Station
- ActewAGL Endowment Shortlisted Presentations
- Research Presentations by Professor Nick Birbilis, Dr Hieu Nguyen, Dr Christian Downie and Masters of Energy Change alumnus Hilman Fathoni
- New ECI Members' Research by Dr Annie Colebatch, Dr Thang Do, Dr Abidah Setyowati, Dr Juan Felipe Torres Alvarez and Dr Alexey Glushenkov
Lunch is included (1 - 1.30pm) and will be followed by a Women in Energy Network meeting with guest speaker Fiona Wright, Acting General Manager, Evoenergy (1.30 - 2.30pm) and tours of the world-class ANU energy research facilities (1.30 - 3.30pm).
ANU Energy Lab Tours run by Dr Igor Skryabin (1.30-3.30pm) include:
- Solar PV
- Hydrogen generation
- Big Dish/Solar thermal
Keynote, Darren Miller - CEO, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) [PDF]
Please note that parking may be difficult - we strongly advise using public transport, taxi, cycling, walking or allowing plenty of time to find a park.