YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD PRESENTATIONS FROM THE EVENT BELOW:
The ANU Energy Change Institute invites you to our second public forum on the National Energy Guarantee (NEG).
Prominent local energy stakeholders and experts will discuss the NEG in the lead-up to COAG’s Energy Council meeting on 10 August. At the COAG meeting, Australia’s energy ministers will consider the detailed design of the NEG.
High hopes have been pinned on the NEG to deliver affordable electricity prices, reliable energy and emissions reductions in line with our international commitments, and to promote investment certainty. But how do experts think the NEG is shaping up? And what will the NEG mean specifically for the ACT and our local region?
Our keynote speaker will be Mr Shane Rattenbury, ACT Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability, alongside expert panel members Professor Frank Jotzo (ANU), Dr Hugh Saddler (energy consultant) and Katharine Murphy (Guardian Australia).
Program of events:
- 5.30pm Welcome and introduction, Professor Ken Baldwin, Director, Energy Change Institute
- 5.35pm Keynote presentation, Mr Shane Rattenbury, ACT Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability
- 5.45pm Professor Frank Jotzo, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- 5.55pm Dr Hugh Saddler, energy consultant
- 6.05pm Ms Katharine Murphy, Political Editor, Guardian Australia
- 6.15pm Panel discussion
- 6.35pm Audience Q&A
- 7.00pm Refreshments
- 7.30pm Close
Please note that parking may be difficult - we strongly advise using public transport, taxi, cycling, walking or allowing plenty of time to find a park.