The Energy Change Institute Open Day showcases the latest energy research from ANU and provides a platform for exchanging ideas for ANU researchers, industry, government agencies and other energy stakeholders.
This year's program includes the following presentations:
- State of the Institute - Prof Ken Baldwin, Director, Energy Change Institute
- Keynote presentation by Dr Lachlan Blackhall, newly appointed Head of the Battery Storage and Grid Integration Program and Entrepreneurial Fellow, ANU
- Special guest presentation by Erik Ness, US National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Supporting policy and implementation strategies for clean energy development in the Asia-Pacific region
- Presentation from industry - The Asian Renewable Energy Hub: 9GW of wind, solar and storage to export to Jakarta & Singapore and to help power the Pilbara, Andrew Dickson, CWP Renewables
- Research presentation - Hydrogen technologies, Prof Kylie Catchpole, Research School of Engineering
- New ECI members' research including Dr Fiona Beck, Dr Siva Karaturi, Dr Shannon Wang and Mahesh Venkataraman from the Research School of Engineering.
Lunch is included and will be followed by tours of the world-class ANU energy research facilities (1.30 - 3.30pm).
Please note that parking may be difficult - we strongly advise using public transport, taxi, cycling, walking or allowing plenty of time to find a park.