The annual ANU ECI Energy Update brings together Australian researchers, policymakers, industry and members of the public to provide an update on the latest world energy trends.
The ECI is pleased to welcome back Mr Ian Cronshaw from the International Energy Agency (IEA), co-author of the World Energy Outlook reports. Ian Cronshaw will present the IEA perspective on the WEO 2014, which provides a snapshot of international energy trends.
The ECI is also pleased to host Nobel Laureate and former US Energy Secretary Professor Steven Chu as keynote speaker at this year's Update.
Panels of distinguished expert speakers will present their perspectives on two key WEO 2014 themes: nuclear energy and energy sector investment.
- Dr Adi Paterson (CEO, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organization)
- Prof Barry Brook (Sir Hubert Wilkins Chair of Climate Change, Adelaide University)
- Prof Ian Lowe (Emeritus Professor, Griffith University)
- Prof Steve Cowley (Director, Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, UK Atomic Energy Authority)
- Prof Quentin Grafton (The Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University)
- Mr Paul Smith (Chief Executive, Australian Energy Market Commission)
- Mr Tim Nelson (Head of Economics, Policy and Sustainability, AGL Energy)
- Mr Hans Josef-Fell (Former Member of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany, architect of the Renewable Energy Act)
The ANU Energy Update 2014 is chaired by Prof Ken Baldwin, Director of the ANU Energy Change Institute.
Registration is essential: