Robert Elliman is Head of the Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Physics Education Centre, Research School of Physics and Engineering, ANU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Semiconductor materials research
- Semiconductor nanotechnology.
- Charge trapping and transport in high-k dielectrics.
- Resistive switching in high-k dielectrics.
- Thin film stress and failure modes.
- Synthesis, structure, properties and applications of silica nanowires.
Ion-beam modification and analysis of materials
- Ion-beam synthesis of novel materials (graphene, nanocrystals, etc)
- Ion-beam induced defects and their interactions.
- Novel applications of ion-implantation.